Tuesday, December 2, 2008

When Panic Rules

As humans we are genetically coded to resist change. Today I find myself true to my genes. The reality of the approaching changes in my life has begun to overwhelm me. This is not regret. I have called forth all of the changes and this is the life I am choosing. And, right now fear is my ruler. Today, I am admitting that I need to call in some reinforcements. Julie Andrews, where are you?

I simply remember my favorite things…

*chocolate
*art- making it, looking at it, living in it
*adoption
*cooking with friends
*the way babies smell

*spooning
*morning cuddles from Mikaela
*a really, really, good book,
*good friends who love you through all of your transformations and are always there for you no matter how crazy you are at the present moment. (Amanda, this is you)
*hammocks
*dollhouses and tiny furniture
*looking up at tall trees



*snow
*my silly dog (in snow)

*Open Connections
*homeschooling
*campfires and marshmallows

*fox trotting with my husband
*bubbles

*ice drops on delicate branches

*fall





*tea parties with friends

*the sound of the ocean during an early morning walk

*cappuccino
*tree houses
*poetry that as Emily would say, takes off the top of your head
*Sunday mornings with Elizabeth
*my dad
*Lucy the Elephant

*traveling anywhere, especially Nepal and Africa
*swimming with elephants
*carnivals

*hot baths
*walking in the woods

*long wild dreams especially if they involve flying or opening new doors you have never seen before
*Old Forge, NY
*the Sunday NY Times
*singing along with the music from the Big Chill when no one else is around
*laying on the couch listening to the Tindersticks
*when Amanda makes me music CDs
*capturing a perfect moment with my camera
*a clean house
*cookie dough
*handmade cards
*meditating
*my Tibetan crystal bowl
*loons

I do feel better. What a great reminder that my favorite things are either currently in my life or I have experienced them at one time. What a lucky life I am leading.

1 comment:

MariaCSG said...

Wow! Talk about changing your vibration! That's powerful sweetie!