Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Past Four Months, continued

Updating my blog has been very cathartic for me. This has been a very unusual summer. Thinking back over the last few months, it felt as though I never left the house except for doctor’s appointments. It was fun to go through the photos, post them and relive the fun we have had together. I am so blessed to have this great family. Cocooning at home with my family was the best choice I could have made this summer.

The photos aren't in any particular order. The following two posts cover events from April to August.

My sister Barb was washing our parent's porch furniture. Nigel couldn't resist helping.










I hate shopping. I used to shop for a living when I was a photographic stylist in NYC. Whenever I have to shop I still feel like I am working. We ran into Old Navy to get shoes for Nigel. He is growing so fast! Mikaela said, "mom, take my picture." So I did. Thanks for making shopping fun, Mikaela.




My dad's 80th birthday August 5th
Happy Birthday daddy. We love you.


My sister Kris and her daughter, Kaitlyn


Cousin Dylan and Mikaela


my mom and Mikaela


Nigel getting some Aunt Barbara love



Motherhood 101: don't let your children put plastic bags over their heads. I took it right off after I took the picture, I swear.


Let me in!


Nigel hides under the pole bean tepee


Mikaela teaches Nigel to ride.



Nigel loves to ride and eat


Such good friends



Park Time




Ribbit!






Michael instructs Mikaela about the physics of siphoning as he attempts to empty the pool. In the process he learns that life would be easier with a smaller hose.




Our Fruit Fest
When my sister Kris heard I was sick she sent fruit flowers. Yum. We all felt better after that.





Father's Day when the damn husband gets to be king (for the day)


My pop. He has always been the king in my life. Never could I have wished for a better father. I miss his funny sense of humor, I miss our chats, I miss our political disagreements. I miss everything about him. Alzheimers is a cruel disease.



June Balloon Fest








Mikaela tried hula hooping with her necklace


Prize Duck




Happy Siblings


Anyone who knows Mikaela knows she is horse crazy. Loves, loves her horses!! She has taught Nigel well. He makes an excellent owner and he also knows how to whinny and canter. Quite funny to see. Who knew I would be raising equines more than I would be raising children. Thanks to Aunt Kris, Mikaela was able to spend a week at horse camp. What a blast! Her friend Maya was also at camp which made it even better.











Swimming in the backyard


Mikaela works on making clay out of ashes.




Gotta love a guy that can sweat a heart




One cool dude







He loves phones!


Always on the move, my beautiful, happy boy

1 comment:

KarinaAdventures said...

OH they are both so beautiful! Thank for showing the pictures!

I miss you and hope all is well,
Karina