Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ask me how many children I have

Today for the first time, I can say, I have three children. Yaebsira Temesgen is legally our daughter. I am in shock. After ten months I really thought this would never happen. Nigel’s adoption was smooth, but all along the way Yaebsira’s situation was complicated. When I felt like giving up, I would remember her sweet laugh, her Ethiopian pout face and the feel of her arms wrapped around my neck. It has been ten months since her referral, eight months since I have seen her and it will be at least two more months before we see her again. We do not have our US embassy date which determines travel. So much to take in so fast! I better start feeling better FAST. I might need a miracle. One miracle has already happened: she is ours. Now we just need two more: one for health and one for finances. I have never been one to take the path of least resistance.

So, introducing the latest member of our family. Yaebsira Temesgen. Finally I can say, that our family is complete.

My beautiful, sweet girl








Do you think she is giving him a face massage?


Wish Mikaela could have been in this picture. I can't wait to have a picture of my girls together.


Yaebsira getting her hair done. Wow, Something else I have to learn to do!! Her hair is so beautiful.


The sunglasses are from a little care package we gave her.



This is my new T-shirt. I think I deserve it.

6 comments:

Kresha said...

sweet

FHL said...

Oh my could she possibly be any more beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!!

(And I am so glad I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read your blog name and reason!!! Cracked me up!!!!) :o)

Sandee said...

love it love it love it love it. She is absolutely stunning. and I love the tshirt too!

Momma Mia said...

I am so, so, happy for you! She is so beautiful! Congratulations!

Slover family said...

Congrats-she is beautiful! I remember meeting her in Ethiopia-what a sweetie!!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yes!! Finally!!! And What a relief!! My first reactions, then right into:
What a beautiful family! & lots of tears!!