Monday, December 7, 2009

A Little Photography Fun

I heard about these photography assignments from Lisa at Earth Mama.  Thanks Lisa.  I missed the deadlines for the first three but that didn’t stop me from putting something together this weekend. Maybe I will be on time for assignment #4. Maybe not.

The assignments were created by Bloom and Rose Note’s and were inspired by Chris Orwig’s book, Visual Poetry.

The first assignment was to create a color quilt. Or in my case, several photo quilts. (I was making up for being late)  For more assignment details check this out.

Assignment #1: Quilts of Color

 

Collages34a

 

Collages22a

 

 

Collages23a

 

 

Collages20a

Assignment #2: Environmental Portraits

Last night I was ready to download all my assignments when I reread this assignment and saw that I was suppose to include a self-portrait.  I found all my inspiration for this one in the living room after midnight. I threw it together really fast and I like the result. Sometimes it works when I don’t over-think things too much.

Collages33a

 

Mikaela was fun to do.

Collages35a

My sweet boy, Nigel.

Nigel collage2a

I am going to have to think a bit more before creating one for the Damn Husband.

 

 

Assignment #3: Select a Theme

The weather was on my side for this assignment.  My themes altered with my mood. For me it was a fun progression. I will let you decide what themes resonate with you when you look at them.

Collages13a

 

Collages10a

 

winter4a

Thank you Bloom and Rose Note’s for a wonderful and creative weekend.

4 comments:

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

I LOVE your pictures! The collages look great. I especially like the bright pink of Mikaela's coat in the midst of all the snowy landscape. Who is that painting "B"s in your first color quilt?

honeysmoke said...

how do you make your collages? they are so pretty.

GoPlacesGal said...

Honeysmoke, The collages were made with a free program called Picasa.
(http://picasa.google.com/)
It is a good program for organizing photos and doing light retouching. The collage program was frustrating because they don't allow me to have as much control as I would like, but it was fun and very easy to work with.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I can't wait to read some more when I have more time. Wasn't this a fun project. I really liked #4 and can't wait to see what others have done.