Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting Priorities Straight

I have found that when things get busy and I am behind in everything, the best thing I can do is play. Especially if the day is beautiful, sunny, and warm. Today I was so grateful that we are homeschoolers. My kids were outside enjoying the world instead of sitting inside a building. It is what works for us. We spent the afternoon at Tyler Arboretum exploring their tree houses.

DSC_0446

DSC_0456

DSC_0463

DSC_0466

DSC_0459

DSC_0471

DSC_0490

Playing inside a giant guitar. How cool is that?

DSC_0494

DSC_0491

DSC_0502

DSC_0519

This is my favorite. Ropes hang down that are attached to bells all over the tree. I have the perfect spot for this in my yard. Now I just have to get the Damn Husband to help me build it.

DSC_0520

DSC_0521

DSC_0524

I was inspired by this outside musical wonderland. I want to recreate this in my yard. Neighbors beware.

DSC_0527

DSC_0539

For Nigel this was a fun tunnel to climb through, for Mikaela it was a horse (Of course!), and I enjoyed making it sing.

DSC_0547

DSC_0425

DSC_0549

And by the end of the day, I had my priorities in place and all those things I felt behind in, didn’t feel as important anymore. After writing this I read Karen Maezen Miller’s post about exhalation and I realized, yes, that is what I did. I remembered to exhale.

1 comment:

Vegan Mama said...

Donna,
Love these treehouses. We visited them twice and I would have gone back for more but I thought they were closed for the season. Want to meet there when you are all up to it?

Oh, and the picture of Nigel up close is priceless! :)