Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Thousand Dollars a Day

Spending virtual money for prosperity. For more info on this see the first A Thousand Dollars a Day blog post.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday

A party for all the people that helped us make our adoption possible. Let's celebrate!

$640.00 airline tickets for Kris and Bill
$300 Temenos day rental
$100 travel gas for Colleen
$2550 catering for 85 people
$410 party favors

Kris and Bill for making it possible
Barb for everything. And everything and more. Mikaela is looking forward to another Vacation Barb week when we return to Ethiopia.
Elizabeth for all her help. Without your Sunday visits I would need a dribble cup. You have done so much for us.
Nigel has a place to play thanks to Lisa D and Megan B. They also created a safe haven for Mikaela on the third floor away from her drooling, crying brother. This was no easy feat! My third floor was scarey!! How did you manage to be so brave? Megan came over to help me pack up the donations a few days before we left. She was patient with me when I stood in the middle of the room and just stared because I couldn't think of what to do next. Why was she cleaning out my refrigerator? Because she invited friends over who arrived with food to freeze and helped me celebrate. Megan, thank you also for romping with Wanda while we were gone and for fixing my high chair. Thanks for the baby gifts and frozen food and friendship Lisa D, Lisa C, Kelly, Megan and Colleen.
Lisa C for the hat and for giving me the great baby clothes from her boys. What would I do without the little leather shoes that he wears every day? The head yurt you knitted Nigel is awesome. He looks so cute in it. And his jumpy swing- he loves it and I love it because it means I can get five minutes in the bathroom without him trying to eat the cat litter.
Thanks for the great food deliveries: Marie (Goodwin), Marie (Gabelburger), Amy, Lydia, Stacey, Lisa H., Nikki G., Debi R., Kristen, Andrea, and Paige
Thanks Bonnie for arranging the food chain.
Colleen, thanks for being there when I needed you and thanks for the baby clothes.
Michele, thanks for the clothes for Nigel to grow into.

No comments: